I’m not in France anymore, and I haven’t written any interesting A+ papers lately, but I feel like updating in case anyone wants to know what’s up with me and is actually reading my blog.
School…
I’m in my very last semester at UNC; I will graduate in May with a B.A. in English and Psychology. They only let us get one of those on our diploma; I prefer to have English framed on my wall because it sounds harder (and in fact, it is). I’m taking southern literature, a geography class, adulthood and aging, intro. to audiology, and independent study. I’m finishing up my degrees with one English class, one Psychology class, and one perspective (requirements outside of major for B.A.s). I’m taking audiology as a prerequisite for graduate school and independent study to impress the graduate school admissions people. I transcribe language of typically developing children and children with developmental disabilities to help with research on speech and language of children with fragile X syndrome. For the most part, I like my classes.
Graduate school…
I’ve applied to graduate schools for speech-language pathology so I can be a speech therapist in two or three years. Listed in order of their rankings, the schools I applied to are:
UNC-Chapel Hill
UNC-Greensboro
UGA
Auburn
South Carolina
ECU
Alabama
Appalachian
Western Carolina
I found out yesterday that I got into the University of Alabama! It was the first school I found out from and I’m really glad that the first one was an acceptance. Friday the 13th is not unlucky.
Books…
I’ve been reading a lot of southern literature lately. I’ve wanted to take that class since sophomore year, but I saved it for last semester, and I love it. I started reading something borrowed by Emily Giffin, who is a Wake alumna, which is cool. Torri mentioned it to me when I said I needed a new series to get hooked on. I spotted the book in Lindsay’s dorm room and she let me borrow it. I picked up Pride & Prejudice last night, but when I read it, I can’t help but picture the movie and hear the actors’ voices. That annoys me, and I quit reading it.
Comment if you will. Maybe I will update again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment