Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

pumpkin waffles


I've been looking for other pumpkin recipes since the pumpkin cinnamon roll incident to use up the rest of the canned pumpkin. When I saw this recipe on Skinny Taste, I wanted to try it. However, I only had one egg to work with, so I opted instead to modify my go-to recipe - Martha Stewart's basic pancakes - which I use for both pancakes and waffles. I thoroughly enjoy a waffle. I modified the basic recipe to make room for/include pumpkin and some complementing spices. Here is my estimate of the recipe:

  • 1 c all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
  • 2 T sugar
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 c milk - I used a little less than 1 c, but more than 3/4 c
  • 2 T unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 c pumpkin puree
  • pinch nutmeg
  • 1/2 t cinnamon

  • I mixed together the dry ingredients, then added the wet ingredients and stirred to combine. The batter was very slightly orange. I poured batter in the waffle maker and left it closed until it stopped steaming. They
    came out tasting like pumpkin, but not too much.



No comments: