On Thursday:


shirt - Ralph Lauren
skirt - The Limited
shoes - Tory Burch
watch - Michael Kors
earrings - Forever 21
necklace - unknown
hairclip (not pictured) - Ficcare (gift from A.G.)
lovely paintings in the background - my mom
You probably can't tell in the photo, but if you're thinking that my legs are looking a little tan... my mother did not raise me to wear bare legs in late October. I know it's probably not the fashionable thing to do, but I cannot get on board with going to one's "workplace" and trying to look "professional" without pantyhose.
Friday:




scarf - Nordstrom
jacket - Gap
shirt - Ralph Lauren
dress - Lux at Urban Outfitters
tights - Gap
shoes - Tory Burch
watch - Michael Kors
bracelet - hand-me-down from my mom
earrings - gift from B
I hope that I can show that you don't have to spend a lot of money to dress well. I wear a lot of clothes and jewelry that are hand-me-downs from my mom and grandmother. I and my mom also make a lot of my jewelry. I used to go to Goodwill when I had a lot of time on my hands; that's where I bought the skirt in the first outfit. The watch and shoes in these photos are more expensive, but they are what you could consider investment pieces. My parents gave me the black shoes for Christmas and the watch for my birthday, and I wear them all the time! I have worn the silver shoes so much that you can see the shape of my toes in them, gross, I know. Yes, I spend a lot of money on clothes sometimes, but I wear them to death when they're good ones! Another theme in these outfits is the button down shirt. I get these from the outlets, especially when they're on sale. Here, I wear them tucked into a skirt and under a dress. They are also my going-to-class uniform with a pair of jeans and boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment