I've always liked applesauce, and it's something that quickly disappears in my house. B eats it out of the little containers without a spoon... weird. I saw this recipe on Skinny Taste, and I had to make it. Easy, inexpensive, and something I eat all the time. Well, inexpensive because I decided to just sprinkle in a little cinnamon instead of buying a $5.99 container of cinnamon sticks.
First, I peeled, cored, and sliced 10 small Gala apples - a bag's worth. I couldn't find a vegetable peeler at my house. That was fun.
I put them in my lined crock pot along with a little lemon peel, a teaspoon of the lemon's juice, 5 teaspoons of brown sugar, and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon.
This is what it looked like.
About 7 hours and a few stirs later, it looked like this. Actually I squished the result with the back of a metal spoon. Thankfully, that worked, because I don't have an immersion blender, and I'm not crazy about chunky applesauce.
Try this. It's easy, and it would be incredibly easy if you have an apple peeler/corer/slicer (Mom). Plus applesauce is delicious warm. And your boyfriend will be really impressed. Well, maybe he was impressed because I served it with chicken tenders, roasted vegetables, and baked sweet potatoes. What did you do all Monday afternoon?
No comments:
Post a Comment