Morning class today was an introduction to Shibori dyeing of silk and nuno felting with Sharon Kilfoyle. She showed us lots of samples of her work and started showing us how to dye and felt. Her work can be found at sharonkilfoyle.com.
In the afternoon, we went to a showing of a summer 2009 collection with both menswear and womenswear. The clothes were made from organic materials and were meant to last a long time so they don't go to waste. The showing was in a room with stacks of clothes on the floor that represented 1% of the clothes that Belgium sends to Africa every day.
After the showing, we went to another show where 8 of us dressed models and the rest of the class watched the show. It was Veronique menswear. Kanye West came to the show, but I was backstage so I didn't see him. I helped dress a model who had to wear 3 different looks. The changes went so much quicker than I thought - and we even had to lace up shoes each time. Our model is from Holland, and he said he used to have a roommate from Charlotte, NC. Dressing was fun but really stressful! After the show, the rest of the girls came backstage and we took pictures with the designer and models.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment