
I checked off another place on my Greenville list today - Tipsy Teapot. When B texted me that he was there studying, I couldn't get out of the clinic fast enough. I found him at a table for two in a curtained, bookshelved area, I ordered some tea on his tab, and we studied/read/wrote papers.
I asked the girl working the counter for recommendations, and she gave me three that I don't remember, from which I chose casa blanca. It is a berry and hibiscus tea that to my surprise is pink! I drink black or green tea at home, so it was different than what I'm used to, but I liked it. At first, it tasted like juice, and then it tasted like roses. The counter girl asked if I take my tea with cream and/or sugar, and I requested honey. It felt a little wrong, but that's how I make it. I just don't know about milk or cream in tea.
If you're not a hot tea drinker, I also spied sandwiches, smoothies, and beer offerings. I was on a hot tea mission, though, so I'm sure there is more. It seemed like a great place to study all day, if you're cool with a little background noise. It's also a (used?) bookstore.
On my way to and from Tipsy Teapot, I saw a few of the places on my list, and I was tempted to hit them all today! Scullery, Courtside Cafe, and Copper & Vine-- I'll be back.
1 comment:
I wanna plan a roadtrip to Greenville to try out some of these restuarants.. they sound cute!
Post a Comment