I live with my parents now, and the least I could do for them is help around the house. For all they do and have done for me, I should cook all of their meals, shine their shoes, and have their pillows fluffed when they go to bed. Instead, I play on my computer (see?), go out with my friends, and eat their food. Sometimes my mom asks me to do things. If I don’t make lists, I don’t remember to do anything. So I forget. Then she calls and she’s like “did you do ___ yet?” and then I feel guilty, and I try to run do it really fast before she gets home.
I now remember that I’m supposed to make some trash (candy covered pretzels, peanuts, and cereal). The other day, it was cutting berries off of nandina and cutting extra limbs from our Christmas tree to arrange on our front porch around a sleigh filled with ornaments. People were coming over, and I suppose my mom thought the ornament-filled sleigh was just too boring by itself. If you’re reading my blog, you know I like creative things, but I don’t consider arranging flowers/greenery one of my creative skills. However, I think it might run in my family.
When Mom called, I immediately put on my snake boots and headed outside. The nandina situation can get dicey, as Mom reminded me when she assigned me the job.
![]() |
| snake boots via http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/gallery/030810-hunter-boots-400.jpg |
I was happily carrying limbs to the front porch when Mom pulled up, and I had this beauty arranged by the time she got through the front door.
By the way, precisely two people came into the party through the front door.
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Exodus 20:12


No comments:
Post a Comment