I've made a few things recently that garnered good reviews from my friends and family. I don't have pictures, but I will link to the recipes.
Mexican dip
I was interested in making this dip after trying a similar dip that my friend Kristin made for the Carrier Classic party. It is so, so simple, and people go crazy over it! I made it for a friend's bachelorette party and then for my roommates' tacky Christmas sweater party. For our party last weekend, I doubled the recipe, and it ALL disappeared. There were about twelve people at the party and many other things to eat. So... it's pretty good.
sweet potato casserole
This recipe appealed to me when searching for sweet potato recipes for Thanksgiving. I made it for my class Thanksgiving party and also my family's Thanksgiving dinner. It was my first attempt at sweet potato casserole and actually my first time eating it. I enjoyed it, my classmates ate it up, and I was told by my supervisor that I had to send her the recipe before I could get my grade.
salted fudge brownies
After trying Escazu's Beaufort bar, I fell in love with sea salt + chocolate. When I saw this recipe, I had to try it. I wasn't crazy about the result, but my Bible study girls really liked them. I took the leftovers to the clinic, and my classmates enjoyed them. I think they were better the second day.
sweet tea
I thought everyone's mother made sweet tea. Well now I realize why my mom takes it to every gathering. Because now I am that girl. My classmate Kristen loves it, and my classmate Brooke tweeted that I need to ship it to her when I leave. I guess not everyone knows how/is willing to make it. I have no particular recipe; I've made it in various quantities using various methods. No worries; if you need some real instructions, please see my friend Rachel's blog, where she wrote about southern recipes today.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment