It was a challenging toning class without using heavy weights or large equipment. The teacher was really encouraging and moved me into the right position whenever I was doing something wrong. Later, I heard from Elizabeth and her mom that I went to the hardest teacher. She warned me before the class that my muscles would shake and told me to just shake them out if I felt like it. I guess that the muscle shaking phenomenon is scary to some people, but I've been through enough conditioning for cheerleading that it doesn't phase me.
There were definitely a few times when I was shaking and several times when I stopped an exercise, but for no more than a second. My legs were a little sore Wednesday night, and my neck/shoulders were a little sore yesterday. It was nothing like the pain I was expecting. Still, I felt like I got a good workout, and I think it would be effective for toning when done regularly. It is not a cardiovascular workout or a weight-loss strategy at all, in my opinion. I'm going to try a mix of Pure Barre and running for a while and see how that goes.
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:8
There were definitely a few times when I was shaking and several times when I stopped an exercise, but for no more than a second. My legs were a little sore Wednesday night, and my neck/shoulders were a little sore yesterday. It was nothing like the pain I was expecting. Still, I felt like I got a good workout, and I think it would be effective for toning when done regularly. It is not a cardiovascular workout or a weight-loss strategy at all, in my opinion. I'm going to try a mix of Pure Barre and running for a while and see how that goes.
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:8
1 comment:
I want to take that class SO badly, but it's not offered anywhere near me!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment