Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

playlist

I wanted to give my classmates something for Christmas and to celebrate us finishing classes.  I decided that a mix cd would be useful, meaningful, memorable, and also inexpensive to make for 32 people.  I started out looking for songs that we have listened to as a group.  Toward the end of the semester, well alright, before Thanksgiving, we started listening to Christmas music in our workroom in the clinic.  I felt that the cd needed to be either all Christmas music or none.  I wanted everyone to be able to listen to it any time of year.  So then I looked for songs that were popular during our time together in school.  I hated most of those.  I ended up making a mix of songs we sang/danced to together, songs by artists with ties to North Carolina* to remind those out-of-state people how great NC is, and songs that I just really like and want to share.

Here is the playlist (or a version of it... iTunes has a 7 burn limit, so every 7 cds, it changed just slightly):
"Back Down South" Kings of Leon (if you are from the south, you'll appreciate this video)

No comments: