Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

cooking and baking

I've done a little cooking and baking lately.  Sometimes it's tough to get into the kitchen since my mom likes to feed me and wash my clothes and make sure that I don't have to use any life skills.  

But.  I made her pancakes for a late mother's day breakfast.  


I baked some dairy free banana bread to take B at the beach.  I used half whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour, and it turned out great.  The taste didn't change much at all.  


I made enchiladas at B's request.  Though I don't have pictures of the enchiladas, here is the avocado I used to make guacamole.  


After eating some amazing chocolate chip cookies that my mom made, I decided to bake some healthier chocolate chip cookies.  My parents have eaten them up, but I personally think they're gross.  If you make these, I suggest NOT waiting for them to brown.  I kept baking them, waiting for a more appealing color to appear, and I ended up overcooking them.  They did not burn and were still edible, but they weren't exactly chewy.


No comments: