Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

summer makeup

It's no secret I like clothes and accessories.  As much as I'm into fashion, I'm really not into hair and makeup.  When I've worked, in clinic or internships, I've worn makeup every day as I believe it necessary to look professional.  Now that it's summer and I'm not working, I've settled into a different beauty routine.  It goes something like this...


Even mineral powder foundation feels too heavy for summer activities, but this tinted moisturizer is just right.  Sunscreen is essential to protect my skin, especially since I spend a good amount of time outside these days.  For Mary Kay products, I highly recommend my friend Rachel

step 2: Studio Gear Hidden Agenda concealer under eyes and on spots

step 3: curl eyelashes 

The primary purpose of steps 2 and 3 is to make me look more awake.  I look like I'm having a real struggle now that I only sleep 9 or 10 hours a night.  

step 4: blush.  I don't have a particular one to recommend for this.  My favorite color is one that my mom gave me because she wasn't crazy about it.  Again, not into hair and makeup.  

step 5: Hawaiian Tropic lip balm sunscreen if I'm going to the beach, or Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm if I'm not headed outside.  The Burt's Bees lip balm has a touch of color that's not quite up to the lip gloss level, which I like.  



I consider myself pretty low maintenance in the summer.  I've been letting my hair air dry almost every day lately, and now that it's getting a little longer, I've pulled it back with clips, twists, braids, and fishtails.  I even went to the beach last week without taking a hair dryer, straightener, or curling iron (!!!).  

Any product or hair style recommendations?  

No comments: