Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2

Today was a bit of a return to normalcy. I had embroidery class from 10-12 and draping class from 1-3. In embroidery, we just worked on our samplers. I learned about 3 new stitches. I'm not really sure if our samplers will be graded, but if they are, I'm going to say mine's about D level. When we finish those, we have to do some designs on a 7cm square of muslin, then create a design on a t-shirt or something else we choose. In draping class, we cut strips of cardstock and taped them together into parts of dresses in the 16th/17th century styles. I did a bustle, which turned out about as good as my embroidery.

During class, Peter (owner of PAA) came in to ask us if we'd like to go to another show tomorrow. Now, we are going to have the show in the morning and class in the afternoon. Dr. Ellis called to see if Meredith (our roommate) wanted to dress, and she said yes, so she has to go at 8am. She called again to see if I wanted to dress, and I said no. I am going at 10am, much better than 8am, and I don't have to stress. I have already dressed two shows, but I haven't done a womenswear show yet, so maybe I should have done it. Oh well, more sleep.

No comments: