This morning, we slept in a little, got some breakfast/lunch at a patisserie near our hotel, and headed back to Paris. Since getting back to our apartment, we haven't done much except laundry, eating, and working on sketches. I read almost the whole time on the chunnel, and I'm about to be in need of another English bookstore. Even though we do have a lot of homework, we got our reading done (International Retailing textbook) before the trip. I love school breaks when the only reading I do is pleasure reading.
So far, I have started 4 sketches. They are just pencil drawings - I will have to add background, facial features, detail the hands and feet, and paint. My ideas for a theme started with calligraphy, and expanded to fonts, then to words, books, the writer's lifestyle. I drew 3 outfits that take their shapes from letters (A, H, and of course, V), and one outfit that is supposed to be the ideal dress to wear when writing all day. If anyone has ideas of how I can turn my inspiration into clothes, please comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment