Happy Independence Day! Only 232 years old, and still so much better than these European countries.
Yesterday morning, we went to our real last show, Jean-Paul Knott. I loved the colors of the clothes - black, gray, a little bit of white, and a dark blue/purple. The models all looked really young. They had unique make-up - thick dark gray eyeliner, drawn out a little past the eyes, and PINK lipstick. Their hair was in low side twisted ponytails. The clothes were very drape-y on top and slim on the bottom, and they wore high heeled boots.
In the afternoon, we had embroidery class, which wasn't quite as bad as usual. I like stitches that use two lines (cross-stitch, chevron stitch, etc.)... and they were much easier since I ironed lines on my muslin.
After class, we ran to our apartment and packed really quickly before meeting the group to go to the train station. We took the chunnel to London, which was a quick and easy ride. We didn't do much last night except check into our hotel, eat, and go to bed.
This morning, we got up way too early (about 8am). Lindsay, Canaday, Amy, and I went to a patisserie for breakfast. Canaday and I had fabulous (!) chocolate croissants. Our whole group of 13 got on a bus to tour around London. We have 24 hour passes for the tour, so we've gotten on and off a few times. We went to a wax museum and had lunch by the tower of London. We also saw the fashion exhibit at the Victoria and Albert museum. I typically don't care for gift shops, but the V&A shop was really unique. They had a lot of jewelry and other random, pretty things that I feel like I wouldn't see anywhere else. We have seen most of the sights around London by now, from the bus tours, so we're moving on to some more goals: seeing Mamma Mia and shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment