Happy Birthday, A.G.!!!
This morning we started with drawing class at 10am. We worked on our sketches, learned about color theory, and completed our first page of our collection. I found lots of pages from an Elle magazine from 1994 that I can use as collage on my designs.
We thought we were going to have class again in the afternoon, but Dr. Ellis switched it up on us and we went to Napoleon's Tomb. It had marble sculptures in the walls, painted ceiling, etc. - it kind of looked like everything else we see all the time. The actual box he was in was pretty huge; you could look at it from one floor above. While we were there, Lindsay and I went ahead to the Musee de L'Armee. We looked at a bunch of stuff from the World Wars. There was this one American flag on display, so I said the pledge of allegiance. They had the Uncle Sam "I Want You" poster and some other American adverts, too.
Since we were on a museum roll, Lindsay and I took the metro to Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris. It is closed on Mondays, so we got right back on the metro to Musee National d'Art Moderne at Centre Georges Pompidou. The modern art was a welcome change after quite a bit of ancient history (Vatican still lingering in my memory). We are almost done with our museums now, but there are lots of international retailing pages left in our notebooks... So much to get done before Friday! We took notes on a flower shop and a bookstore on the way to the internet cafe, and I actually got some more English books! I had to ask the man in (bad) French and climb over boxes to the very back corner of the store, but I'm satisfied with what I found - Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton and The Fall by Albert Camus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment