I had been thinking for a while on what to make for my supervisors. After a year and a half in this program, I wanted to give them something to say "thank you" for teaching me, helping me fulfill my requirements to become a speech-language pathologist, and just generally putting up with me. I haven't given them gifts any other clinic semester because I don't want to seem like I'm sucking up to them. But now that I'm finished with clinic - grades are due Monday - I think it's time. The last few weeks especially, I've been paying close attention to what they wear so that I could make them jewelry that they would enjoy.
I made two pairs of earrings (not pictured) for two supervisors who don't wear much costume jewelry except for drop earrings, which is what I made them.
For one supervisor who wears short/mid-length necklaces sometimes, I made this:
I like it so much that I almost kept it! I used craft wire to attach the stone to the chain. At the ends of the chain, which you can't see, I attached smaller chain and a toggle closure. This chain is too big/weird shaped to easily use a toggle chain on the end, so that's why I added a different kind. I could have gotten more creative with hers, but I wanted her to be able to wear it with different outfits. The stones are matte amethyst, and this one also has a toggle closure. I actually got inspired to try the asymmetrical look by a necklace that this supervisor wore one day. I think it makes the pieces interesting without making them too trendy.

1 comment:
i wanna come and make jewerly with you!
Post a Comment